IFS epoxy powder coatings are created for applications requiring great chemical and corrosion resistance and a high quality aesthetic, but where exterior durability is not important. The IFS epoxy coatings are typically used in a wide range of applications including metal cabinets, sports and recreation equipment, furniture, hand and power tools, brass plumbing and hardware fixtures, tool boxes, wire goods, pipe coatings, rebar and automotive underbody/underhood parts.
IFS epoxy advantages include:
- excellent adhesion
- excellent chemical resistance
- excellent corrosion resistance
- excellent flexibility
- excellent hardness
- wide range of cure schedules
- low temperature possibility
- full range of gloss
Their disadvantages can be summarized as follows:
- chalking with exterior exposure
- fade with exterior exposure
- discoloration with heat
- flexibility and impact may be reduced as hardness, chemical/corrosion resistance increases and gloss decreases
IFS epoxies can also be custom formulated.
Please note that these represent general guidelines. Talk to the IFS lab or representative for a more detailed explanation and specific uses.