Why use IFS architectural powder?
The IFS high performance architectural powder range offers architects, designers, specifiers, consultants, engineers, general contractors and coaters a world class protective and decorative coating option.
IFS architectural powders offer many advantages including:
- The same or better performance than traditional liquid PVDF paints
- IFS powders meet and exceed the performance requirements of AAMA 2605, 2604 and 2603
- IFS architectural powders are available in thousands of colors and effects
- IFS architectural powders are available in various gloss levels
- IFS architectural powders can have anti-microbial or anti-grafitti capability added to them.
- Significant environmental advantages including:
- No solvents/VOCs
- Single coat applications mean less product and less energy being used
- Overspray powder can be reclaimed and reused/recycled, giving up to 97% utilization rate
- Lower carbon dioxide emissions
- No hazardous waste generated during the application process
- No chrome base primer required. In fact no primer at all required.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommended
- IFS Coatings architectural range come with EPDs that contribute to LEED credits,
- Improved pre-treatment options - powder is compatible with chrome or non-chrome pre-treat, unlike liquid PVDF that MUST use chrome based pretreat
- Great film integrity
- Unbeatable scratch resistance
- Superior abrasion resistance
- Improved performance against damage
- World class color and gloss retention
- Great corrosion protection
- Thermosetting properties and inherent toughness mean powder coated surfaces are less susceptible to the settling of dirt and mildew growth.
- Excellent, comparable warranties
- Competitive pricing